From NSIS Wiki
|Author: Vytautas (talk, contrib)|
BDEAlias.exe (89 KB, click Download)
This plugin will allow you to add and delete BDE Aliases. The plugin is available from the links above or in the NSIS Wiki. For information on how to install BDE visit this Wiki page.
; Section "Add" BDEAlias::AddAliasDebug '*A* NSIS' '*P* V:\' '*D* PARADOX' '*B* FALSE' pop $9 MessageBox MB_OK $9 SectionEnd Section "Add InterBase" BDEAlias::AddAliasDebug '*A* NSIS-Test' '*P* V:\' '*D* INTRBASE' '*O* USER NAME:"SYSDBA"' '*B* TRUE' pop $9 MessageBox MB_OK $9 SectionEnd Section "Delete" push "*A* NSIS" BDEAlias::DeleteAlias pop $9 MessageBox MB_OK $9 SectionEnd
You can use both ways to pass the info to the plugin. E.G. by manually pushing the data as shown in the DeleteAlias Example. Or on the commandline like in the AddAlias examples.
The debug versions should only be called when testing the installer as they will display several message boxes containing the data you supplied to the plugin. Their main function is to check that the data is going to the right place.
To enable the plugin to detect the data types the following prefixes must be added to your data before pushing it to the stack:
|*B*||Enable BCD [TRUE/FALSE]|
- [Update 2005-10-18] Version 0.5
- Fixed problem with deleting Aliases. Added ability to specify if BCD should be enabled or not.
- [Update 2004-01-23] Version 0.4
- Added Debug versions of the Plugin Functions - Display the pop'ed values. Now you can specify the parameters in any order!
- [Update 2003-12-18] Version 0.3
- Added ability to specify other parameters such as 'User Name'. If you wish to specify more than one parameter you should separate them with a semicolon.
- [Update 2003-11-19] Version 0.2
- Uses the stack instead of variables for information transfer.
- It would be great if this plug-in can show BDE alias properties.
I have encountered cuch use-case when my installer has to run some SQL scripts for Firebird DB which have no Firebird alias but only BDE alias. Fortunately I've googled the solution on some message board.
- Set of handy macros for the plug-in is also very appretiated.