From NSIS Wiki
|Author: email@example.com (talk, contrib)|
EventLog.zip (34 KB)
Version: 5th March 2007.
Supported on: Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP.
The EventLog plugin for NSIS provides a function to write Events to the windows Event Log.
EventLog::WriteEventLog <server> <log> <type> <category> <message> <text>
Writes an event to the EventLog Returns 1 on failure, 0 on success
- Network name of PC to write events to
- Leave blank to write to local PC
- Event log to write
- Standard windows Event Logs are "System" and "Application"
- but other can be defined by user. If specific event log
- is not found "Application" will be used
- Type of message to write
- "0" - Information
- "1" - Error
- "2" - Warning
- Event category. Can be any value and is specific to the event log currently written.
- "0" - None
- "1" - Devices
- "2" - Disk
- "3" - Printers
- "4" - Services
- "5" - Shell
- "6" - System
- "7" - Network
- ID of the message to write. This id is specific to the event log currently written.
- Message text to write to event log (up to 1024 bytes)
#Write an informational message in a Custom Event Log EventLog::WriteEventLog '' 'EventLogTest' '0' '0' '1' 'Info' pop $0 #Handle result
Written by Stefano Giusto [firstname.lastname@example.org]
Modified : add category's description by Ricardo Cardoso