From NSIS Wiki
|Author: hardwired (talk, contrib)|
Plugin + C++ Source Code:
Firewall-disabler-1.0.zip (34 KB)
This plug-in will be detected by some anti-virus applications as a virus or a trojan.
- Nullsoft Installer (NSIS) plug-in for managing?! processes.
- © 2004-2005 Hardwired. No rights reserved.
- There is no restriction for using this software...
- ...no guaranty either!
- Andrei Ciubotaru [Hardwired]
- President of Inocentric SRL (http://www.inocentric.com/)
- Project Manager ICode&Ideas SRL (http://www.icode.ro/)
Same story - I need it for the one of my installers.
Briefly: In my case I needed to tell the user that magic of Windows Firewall is present and with the users consent to get rid of it.
Supported platforms are: >= WinXP SP2 (with the super built-in firewall:))
Looks for firewall presence.
- 1 - the firewall is enabled
- 0 - the firewall is disabled
Put the spell on the user - enable the Windows Firewall.
- 1 - success (if you can call this action a success)
- 0 - failure (good for you!)
Does the best thing that can be done for the user... "And they shall be saved!":)
- 1 - SUCCESS!!! YES!!!
- 0 - you cannot brake the spell... you are cursed!:))
First of all, does not matter where you use it. Ofcourse, the routines must be called inside of a Section/Function scope.
Firewall-Disabler::DisableFirewall Pop $R0 StrCmp $R0 "1" curse curse: ... no_curse: ...
Firewall-Disabler::EnableFirewall Pop $R0 StrCmp $R0 "1" hahaha muhaha hahaha: ... muhaha: ...
Firewall-Disabler::DisableFirewall Pop $R0 StrCmp $R0 "1" ooohhh_yes noooo ooohhh_yes: ... noooo: ...
Again: a lot of good thoughts and thanks and all the best to NULLSOFT who developed this great installer! NSIS RULEZ!!!
... and again: ME for being such a great coder... man, I love... ME:))))...
One more thing
If you use the plugin or it's source-code, I would apreciate if my name is mentioned... so, I could love me more!HAHAHAhaha...