From NSIS Wiki
|Author: Takhir (talk, contrib)|
NewAdvSplash.dll - startup image banner plug-in with fading effects (win2k/xp) and transparency. At the same time can play sound file. On the base of AdvSplash NSIS plug-in with following add-ons: allows background installer initialization (async-banner mode); gif, jpeg and some other OleLoadPicture() formats; "passive" mode - not forces spalsh window to foreground; can return splash HWND to work with other plug-ins (Marquee, AnimGif) in the async mode. Unicode version included. Compatibility: basic - Win95 and later, fadein/fadeout - win2k/winxp.
Unzip newadvsplashu.zip into your Program Files\NSIS directory.
Entry points and parameters (NSIS script)
newadvsplash::show [/NOUNLOAD] Delay FadeIn FadeOut KeyColor [/BANNER] [/PASSIVE] [/NOCANCEL] FileName
- time (milliseconds) to show image
- time to show the fadein scene
- time to show the fadeout scene
- color used for transparency, could be any RGB value (for ex. R=255 G=100 B=16 -> KeyColor=0xFF6410), use KeyColor=-1 if there is no transparent color at your image. If KeyColor=-2 and image type is gif, plug-in attempts to extract transparency color value from the file header. For gif images transparency on the static background works even if KeyColor=-1.
- returns control to installer immediatelly after plug-in activation.
- disables 'exit on user click' default behaviour.
- does not force the splash window to the foreground
- splash image filename (with extension!). Bmp, gif and jpg image types supported.
newadvsplash::stop [/WAIT | /FADEOUT]
- For /BANNER mode only! Without options terminates banner.
- With /WAIT option waits for the end.
- With /FADEOUT option forces banner close with fade out effect ('Delay' -> 0).
newadvsplash::play /NOUNLOAD [/LOOP] FileName
- sound filename to play (with extension, wav ...). Empty Filename string "" stops playing ('show' end does this as well).
- loops sound.
- Gets splash window handle (use Pop to take it from stack)
'Modeless' logo with sound
newadvsplash::play /NOUNLOAD /LOOP "$PLUGINSDIR\snd.wav" newadvsplash::show /NOUNLOAD 2000 1000 500 -2 /BANNER "$PLUGINSDIR\logo.gif" ; add your initialization code here newadvsplash::stop /WAIT
newadvsplash::show 2000 1000 500 -1 "$PLUGINSDIR\logo.jpg"
No return value.